7/16/10

Life Dreams & a Tiny Home...

My dad always says that it must be a dream first before it becomes a reality.  So here is my dream.  I want to build a tiny house.  I know what you're thinking, here she goes again.  Another one of her crazy ideas.  Well, of course.

What is a Tiny House?  Well I guess it depends on what you build but I'm looking at the the Lusby or something similar.  It's a 117 square foot house built on a trailer bed.  By building it on a trailer bed instead of a foundation I don't need a permit and I can use it in the future as a guest house or studio rental or most likely a recreational vehicle.  You will have to view the website to see exactly what I'm talking about.

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/houses/lusby/

6 comments:

  1. Very, very cute! I think I saw something like it at the Bannock County fair last year. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very Sisters on the Fly! I had no idea they existed and love the houses. Have you seen the one on the front cover of the book??! It's a houseboat!

    So, you have to find property then build the house? -Edye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 'Popomo' :-}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edye - Yes, very SOTF.

    Small houses are a growing passion here is in the states. The one on the cover of the book is the same as the style I want to build. It just happens to be on the water.

    I'm not apposed to finding property but part of the reason for building one on wheels is so I don't have to. It's one of the questions I will answer before I build it.

    Mom - I like the Popomo too but it's not really my style. Actually I've changed and I think I like the Fencl best. I can put a small foldout in the front alcove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw one of these at the Eastern Idaho State Fair a couple of years ago. They are really cute. Can't you just visualize following one down the highway? Can almost see you rocking away on the front porch. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue - Aren't they cute. I know I can visualize hauling it down the highway and looking back at it in my rear view mirror. Aren't rocking chairs great!

    ReplyDelete